How To Join And Use Discord (Web & Mobile)
Do You Think Discord Is Just For Nerds?
Discord has been one of the world’s fastest-growing social media platforms since its inception in 2015. In terms of gaming, it’s become the go-to app for players looking for the best in-game communication alternative. In this day and age, a gamer without a Discord account is rare, and a Discord user without a server they frequent is almost non-existent.
Today, we’ll go over how to connect to a Discord server on the web, and mobile (Ios included)
How to Join a Discord Server
There are several ways to join a Discord server, but they all require you to have an invite link. Server invite links can be passed from person to person or posted publicly online. Many YouTube channels, for example, include links to their dedicated servers in the description boxes of their videos.
For Joining Discord via Desktop
For this method, you’ll need a Discord invite link copied to your clipboard.
Launch the Discord desktop app or navigate the website on your computer. Scroll to the bottom of the server list on the interface’s left side, then click Add a Server. This button resembles a plus sign.
- Click Join a Server in the Create a Server box.
- Choose to Join a Server
- Copy the server link and paste it into the INVITE LINK field, then click Join Server.
- Copy and paste the server address
How To Join Discord on iOS and Android
It is also straightforward to join servers using the mobile app. However, you must have the invite link to that Discord server copied to your clipboard.
Scroll to the bottom of your server list in the Discord app on your Android or iOS device. Press the plus-shaped Add a Server button, then Join a Discord Friend. Copy the server invite link and paste it into the Invite link field, then click Join Server.
What if I don’t have a link to a Discord server?
You will usually need a Discord server to invite a link to join a Discord server. There are, however, a few approaches that can be taken. For example;
To Join Communities on Discord
If the server you’re trying to join is public, that is, it’s registered as a “Discord Community,” you can find it on Discord. Here’s how to do it;
- Scroll to the bottom of your server list in the Discord desktop app. Click the Explore Public Servers button, which resembles a compass.
- You can search for a Discord Community that interests you using the Explore Communities field in the middle or browse some of the more popular servers on DIscord using the genre tabs on the left.
Note: There was Disboard.org before Discord Communities. Disboard is a website that allows you to search through thousands of registered Discord servers to find one you want to join. Use the search function or choose a tag that you believe is relevant to the server you’re looking for.
Here are more answers to questions you might have on your mind.
How do I use Discord without installing it?
You can get Discord for free on the desktop, mobile, and tablets via the Google Play or Apple App Store. If you don’t want to download the app, you can access Discord directly from your browser using our web client.
How do I use my phone to access the Discord website?
- Open the Discord app on your phone and, if necessary, log in.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap the three stacked lines. Select the three horizontal lines icon
- In the server menu, click the “+” sign.
- Select “Join a server.”…
- Enter the invite link and click “Join.”
How do I access Discord’s desktop mode on my phone?
- Launch your preferred browser and navigate to the Discord website.
- Enable desktop mode in the options menu.
- You should now see a login button to access the web app.
How do I use Chrome mobile to access Discord?
- Enter https://discord.com in the address bar, and press Enter to go to the official Discord website.
- Next, click the “Open Discord in your browser.”
- How do I switch my iPhone to desktop mode?
- Navigate to any website using the Safari browser.
- When the website loads, click the “aA” icon in the top right corner, just before the address bar. It displays the website’s view menu.
- Select “Request Desktop Website” from the available options.
How do I get Discord to work in Chrome?
Go to Discord.com and click on the Open Discord in your browser.
This launches the Discord web app. …
Select More tools > Create a shortcut from the drop-down menu.
Enable the checkbox next to Open as a window in the pop-up that appears, and then click Create.
Can I contract a virus by joining a Discord server?
Joining a server will not infect your device with malware (or viruses). Some servers, however, allow other users to post URL links. These links can sometimes be malicious, so be cautious when clicking on them!
Can you join a Discord server if you don’t have an account?
When you click a server invite link, you can join temporarily. Discord will prompt you to enter a username if you don’t already have an account. Remember that this is only a temporary solution, and you should create your account to access all of the features of Discord servers.
Can I get hacked by joining a Discord server?
No, you cannot be hacked simply by connecting to a server. This is a common misconception because many “private” Discord servers have rules and regulations you must accept before joining. Accepting these will not jeopardize your personal information in any way.
The same cannot be said if you disclose your Discord account information to a stranger on that server! Never, ever do that. Keep your Discord credentials private and to yourself at all times.
Why can’t I open Discord in my mobile browser?
Restarting the device may also help with Discord issues on Android and iOS. Remove any temporary files. Corrupt temporary files can prevent the Discord app from opening and working properly. Delete all files in your AppData and LocalAppData folders to resolve this issue. Click here to join our official NILWIRE Discord Server.